Create a personal home entertainment device which includes interactive 3D, and VR/AR with video streaming to capture a bigger share of the total entertainment market where the competition not only includes movies and present forms of TV, but self generated video, concerts and emerging sources of entertainment.
Select one category of content: educational or entertainment. Pick content from existing Netflix content or an emerging source of entertainment content to showcase your viewers experience and VR/AR device. Understand the eco-system of content product development to fully realize your user experience. Gathering data to understand usage frequency on your products is the first step to a successful product development process.
- Decide how and where should Netflix participate in VR/AR entertainment product development
- Create a home–based or personal AR experience with mobile phone technology as an add-on product–for example to view streaming content
- Create new innovative VR/AR gear design for the new content that can compete with current options
- Include a lean-back experience for your viewer. Netflix has determined that this is the preferred way most people view content
- You may also create and include a lean-forward experience for your view to interact in some way. Think of documentaries, or education content that allows the user to go deeper with knowledge. Touch to change what you see, drop-downs, various levels of content
- Identify and select a market (U.S., Asia, Latin America, or Europe) where VR/AR has the highest likelihood of becoming a large share of the consumer’s entertainment choices
- Predict what percentage of consumers will be using the VR/AR content available in your selected market by 2020
- Design the best way to introduce your VR/AR design and entertainment options to the consumer
- Should these types of entertainment options be priced separately, create a new packaged category, or be included in current subscriptions
- Avoid product heavy installations, theme, or amusement parks that need heavily engineered product and technology driven rooms to work
- Avoid Fitness and Gaming too competition crowded
- Your product must meet the specific consumer needs and government regulations of the market you choose
Create an innovative VR/AR experience that is hard to duplicate. Create a simple to use product design and basic physical VR/AR device prototype that will illustrate how your solution works for the consumer to provide a world class entertainment experience for the next generation. Pick content and create the experience that has the ability to catch fire and become more than a passing trend. Think Pokémon as an example, but with better staying power.
Design a “switchless” LED light for a specific use case/application that creates intelligent lighting and solves a real lighting problem. Building upon Xicato XIM LED modules, create a wireless lighting solution to create deep, meaningful functionality while avoiding the complexity of traditional lighting control systems. The critical thinking that needs to happen here is to think about what actual problem you solve…. And what opportunity that creates.
- Build wireless communication, beacon, environmental sensors and control integration into a single, first-of-its-kind LED lighting product
- Invent a unique, integrated lighting solution for a specific use while separating your product from the competition on cost, usability, and quality
- Integrate sensors in the design, possibly into the lights and communicate with the surroundings and user behavior to upload data to the cloud to improve the user experience
- Create something we haven’t seen before–form should address use and function–may be artistic, or utilitarian
- Use sensors to monitor: motion, light, oxygen, humidity, and temperature
- Showcase how your product would be used and why it is intelligent lighting
- Must be a new use or a completely redesigned product use that clearly differentiates your product from any existing competition
Create a product design and a simple prototype for a product that would best showcase intelligent lighting using sensors. Use the patented Xicato technology and pioneering Bluetooth smart features of the Xicato XIM LED modules to take your unique new lighting systems to new spaces and environments. Xicato has included Bluetooth beacon functionality in its light module. Apple iBeacon, Google Eddystone, and/or Alt beacons enable location-aware guest services like indoor navigation and rich content delivered directly to mobile smartphones and tablets. The critical thinking here is to show how your solution meets the needs and solves the problem.
Physical fitness is a strong indicator of good health, a healthy mindset and longevity. Whether you are playing a team sport or individual sport/activity or in rehabilitation for injury, your state of health both physical and mental will be enhanced if you move correctly to minimize strain and stress and promote healthy movement. The lack of physical fitness therefore makes everyone vulnerable to injury, fatigue and illness.
Use the enflux motion capture sensor clothing technology to improve the sport/activity or rehabilitation experienceto:
- Create a full body presence experience with the motion capture technology
- Improve balance, strength, coordination, and/or specific skills needed for the sport/activity or rehab
- Address conditioning and proper body mechanics
- Capture all data from the sensors and send it wirelessly to personal mobile devices and physical therapy databases
- Design the clothing for comfort and to fit the selected activity. Be sure it is visually appealing to your target customer.
- Create a way to track and challenge personal progress and to compare against others doing the same sport/activity or rehab
- Where appropriate create a fun and social component to your application
- Your motion capture clothing must look different than the original enflux current design
- Be sure that your product design matches the use and customer it is intended for
- Measure performance mastery and benefit, including strength, endurance, ease and correct position, etc.
- Design in remote monitoring for a personal trainer, coach, or physical therapist
- Provide starting point baseline performance against others in the same class of fitness training/activity or recovery
- Demonstrate what an “experience will be like as if you are the customer”
- Identify a specific customer market in which your product would gain most traction and viability
- A marketing plan which identifies points of differentiation for the product, and specific marketing tactics to drive sales
All over the world people worry about finding electricity for their phones, and in developing countries hundreds of millions of people also don’t have electricity for light at night. In developed countries, people worry about outages caused by weather or disasters and many buy back-up batteries or generators. Or they live, work and play off the grid either by choice or due to no power available. When there’s no power, and batteries are dead and fuel is gone, where will people get critical electric power for phones and lights? Critical power now means USB charging power.
Your mission is to create a business plan for a portable personal power source that can be recharged by anything providing a steady heat source we can convert to USB power. Starting with the Firebee cooking charging system, determine what your chosen customers need, and create a design version 2.0 of the Firebee.
- Your Firebee Thermo-Electric personal charging system must look different than the original Firebee design
- Be sure that your product design matches the use and customer it is intended for
Create a personal power system that uses thermal/fire to create USB charging power. Where can you harvest USB power from heat, so we always have it? How can we make it affordable, costing less than $100, but still accessible to people who live in $2 a day? How can you make personal energy security affordable for the 2billion + people who live away from the electric grid?
Create your plan and product for your targeted customer in the undeveloped and the developed market in order to gain most traction and viability.
Primary customer–Undeveloped Markets: Off-grid populations of more than 100 Million homes that cook every day; phone companies; stove companies; micros-finance companies; non-profit assistance organizations. First targeted country: Ethiopia.
Secondary customer–Developed markets: Off-grid homes, work and recreation: back-up power; emergency response; sensor and Internet of Things power.
In 2012, consumers in the United States spent an estimated $82.6 billion on seafood, making the U.S. one of the top three seafood markets worldwide. Yet the domestic farm value of aquaculture products only approaches $1.3 billion annually. Thus, much of the U.S. demand is supplied by international imports. Consumer demand for fish continues to climb, especially in affluent nations, which in 2014 imported 63% of all fish products. Global consumption of seafood has increased by 21% since 1991. But levels of fish catches in the wild have remained roughly stable since the mid-1990s, close to 90-93 million tons annually; increasing reliance on aquaculture. And it’s not just about seafood; fish is an ingredient in pet food, health supplements, fishmeal and many non-food products manufactured on a global scale. The UN predicts another 2 billion people will join the world’s population within 20 years. Add to this the surge in consumption that is expected as the world’s emerging economies develop and expand, and it is clear that pressure on seafood resources will increase. One of the barriers preventing aquaculture production facilities from helping to reduce dependence on wild caught seafood is the lack of an affordable multi-parameter water quality probe.
- Build upon freshwater research to create an affordable, convenient & effective next generation, universal water quality monitoring system
- Utilize the huge database of already collected data on freshwater water quality around the globe
- Make the most value out of the real-time water quality data collected by the QualTracker, an easy to use, go anywhere device
- Decide if your business model will be based on profit from QualTracker sales or will it be generated from data-driven services
- You must utilize the cloud to connect all items for storing data and making distance operation possible and secure
- Prototype testing of your product must be ready by end of 2017
Create a QualTracker design and basic physical prototype to illustrate a solution to track water quality parameters. It must be simple to use and can provide the real time information, operational interface and security that the consumer needs. Identify why the data collected is useful and beneficial beyond personal use and how that might strengthen the TNACI strategy for dramatically improving freshwater quality around the world.