The Camp BizSmart Product Design & Business Plan Entrepreneurship Academy is a fun, intensive, two-week summer experience for ages 11 – 15. For teens 14-18 who are alumni of Camp BizSmart, we offer a both a 10-day Accelerator and also a 6-day, design thinking product invention and crowdfunding video workshop. We develop skills that help prepare aspirational young people, 11 to 18 years of age, to become the creators of the world’s next great products and companies. In addition, a 6-day, virtual workshop, BizSmart Challenge, is offered for tweens and teens 12-16 years of age, and can be arranged for schools or groups that are interested, by contacting email@example.com
Experience the Camp BizSmart Difference
- Sponsored at Stanford University by the School of Engineering and Director Jim Sweeney of the Precourt Energy Efficiency Center
- Leading Silicon Valley Industrial Designers mentor students throughout the design phase of their product innovation
- Young aspiring entrepreneurs work directly with Camp BizSmart strategic business sponsors: Microsoft, Alibaba, Keiretsu Forum, Garage Technology Ventures, Alliance of Chief Executives, Apple and other premiere companies
- Develop your “ZOG”, the “Zest, Optimism and Grit” essential to survive and thrive in the 22nd century global marketplace
- Teams pitch their innovative product solutions to Silicon Valley angel investors and VC’s in competition at the Silicon Valley headquarters of Microsoft
- Compete to be named the top team who presents their winning concept, and are honored at the national, Keiretsu Angel Capital Expo
- Have fun and change the world at Camp BizSmart, recognized by CNN Money and other leading media experts as the “Most Unique” and top entrepreneurship experience in the world
Gain Valuable Real-world Skills
At Camp BizSmart, students experiment with the latest business methods and design tools, and get personal experience working with company founders and CEOs. At the beginning of each camp, students form dedicated teams to work together solving actual business problems. As they work on products from innovative companies, they learn entrepreneurship skills, product design, and business plan essentials.
It doesn’t end there. Students learn how to make a preliminary design sketch, do marketing analysis, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the competition, compile a financial spreadsheet, and make collaborative decisions. The entire curriculum is designed to foster leadership, public speaking, design thinking, and collaborative teamwork. It’s intensive learning, but appropriate for students who are imaginative and full of big ideas.
Learn from Proven Leaders
At Camp BizSmart, students interact with real venture investors, business leaders, and entrepreneurs, in a creative, stimulating setting at Stanford University and The Silicon Valley Community Foundation. Business leaders from leading-edge companies speak with students about the latest technology trends that will change the world. Students also present their solutions in person to angel investors and executives from top companies like Microsoft, Google, and Cisco.
Graduate Ready for Success
Students graduate with a product design and business plan and pitch presentation portfolio; professional, full-color product renderings; and the tools to excel at starting their own business. And they also leave more prepared, in the words of the late Steve Jobs, to “put a ding in the universe.”
2022 Camp Dates Are Posted
Sign up today to reserve your spot. The camps fill up quickly!