A prosperous, roaring ‘20’s shoutout to Camp BizSmart friend and 2019 business innovation case CEO sponsor Romy Taormina, CEO of Psi Bands https://www.psibands.com/ . Check out her lessons of success as one of the top women to ever appear on the TV Show “Shark Tank”: https://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/344496. We are so grateful for Romy’s mentorship and being an example to the next generation if idea makers and world shakers of the Camp BizSmart values: Character, Courage and Citizenship.” Below you will find an excerpt from the article that originally appeared on Authority Magazine and was later reposted on Entrepreneur online written by Yitzi Weiner. Image credit Authority Magazine.
What important business ‘takeaways’ Romy learned from being on Shark Tank?
All of these lessons were reinforced for me as a result of being on the show:
1. Be true to yourself. At the end of the day, we live with our own choices.
2. Be prepared to walk away. This is a business, not a hobby. We are accountable to many.
3. Be open to all things possible. When you keep an open mind, it’s amazing what opportunities may arise.
4. Be grateful. It provides a foundation for kindness. And kindness begets kindness.
5. Be willing to take risks. Unless we take the plunge, we will never know what can happen.
Camp BizSmart offers the world’s leading entrepreneurial workshops for the next generation of idea makers and world shakers. The curriculum is hands-on and mentored by CEO’s, Founders and high-level executives of companies who are in the news doing remarkable things that add value to our world. Camp BizSmart product design and pitch competition workshops are available for ages:11-15; an accelerator for those that are age 13-17, and a Master Class for young aspiring entrepreneurs who are 16-19. Locations in Silicon Valley are available for both residential and commuter participants at Santa Clara University. Competitions are held at Microsoft.
See all entrepreneurship education opportunities and locations at: https://campbizsmart.org/our-camps/upcoming-programs.