Camp BizSmart, the business and entrepreneur academy that inspires young entrepreneurs, encourages all Camp BizSmart Alumni to continue their journey as an aspiring entrepreneur! We want to help you take your ideas, organizations, or community/school projects, to the next level. We’ve partnered with our friends at Piggybackr.com (the crowdfunding site for budding entrepreneurs and leaders like yourselves) to help you get the funding you need. Post your project on Piggybackr.com by August 31, 2013 according to the special instructions below to be entered into our contest. You have until Oct. 11, 2013 (when the contest ends) to create awareness and compete to raise the most funds for your project.
The project that raises the MOST money by OCT. 11, will win a one-on-one meeting with a top Silicon Valley investor/entrepreneur, and the mentorship and publicity to help take their idea or organization forward. In addition, Camp BizSmart will match the largest donation up to $250. that the winning team received. Whether you lead a school club, are raising money for a nonprofit cause, or are launching your own idea – we want to help!
Who is eligible to register? Any student who has attended Camp BizSmart in any year and who lives in the US is eligible to register their project and enter. Piggybackr informs us that they are for U.S. use only at this time. Since International students do attend Camp Bizsmart, as long as someone in the US registers the project, they may participate as a team member.
Projects and Ideas to Post on Piggybackr: Piggybackr’s mission is to empower and support young people working towards realizing their goals. Some examples include raising money for sports, science, school supplies, student clubs, service trips, charity, or even entrepreneurial ideas. Need ideas for projects? See here for examples: www.piggybackr.com/examples
Help us spread the word to Camp BizSmart Alumni and to your friends:
- You must be registered by August 31, 2013, with the contest ending on October 11, 2013.
- Please help us spread the word to all Camp BizSmart alumni as well and to your friends.
- You might choose to reunite your Camp BizSmart team or may create a brand new one, or as long as the team leader and part of your team is made up of Camp BizSmart alums, you may also invite friends who have not gone to Camp BizSmart to join your team. Team members do not need to be in the same location to participate.
- This is a great time to register and gain awareness and funds for your start-up or any project or idea you may have.
- Piggybackr plans to do a focus on entrepreneurship in October, so this is a great time to get your start-up idea out there!
How does it work? Piggybackr is designed for safe and easy use by young people and their teams and can be used for the elementary, middle, high school, and even college levels. Piggybackr takes safety very seriously. Fundraising is done in teams. Team leaders must be 13 years or older. Team members can be under 13, and participate with consent from a parent or legal guardian.
To get started:
2. Click the blue “create a project” to create your project
3. You project will get approved in 48 hours and you can start fundraising!
4. We can’t wait to see what you will come up with!
The project that raises the most money will earn a one-on-one meeting with a top Silicon Valley investor/entrepreneur and will receive mentorship and publicity to help take your entrepreneurial idea forward! In addition, Camp BizSmart will match the highest contribution up to $250. given to the team that raises the most money, therefore adding to their final tally.
So register your idea, gather your team and communicate what you need and why in a clear pitch to persuade donors to fund you –challenge yourself to see how much you can raise to accomplish your dream! May the “ZOGiest” team prevail! ZOG is a term created by Camp BizSmart and stands for the entrepreneurial qualities for success: Zest, Optimism and Grit.