Elite physical performance requires significant mental focus. Luckily, the brain waves of an athlete can be analyzed to help determine this optimal state of mind. Design a headset that will empower professional and amateur athletes to consistently achieve peak performance.
- Design a single-sensor headset with untethered mobility.
- Headset should also be stylish and comfortable to wear.
- Select a sport and specific task (e.g., shooting a basketball).
- Provide real-time feedback with a BCI – Brain Computer Interface – to help athletes achieve proficiency and consistency.
- Design an iPhone app that athletes can use to share results and improve their athletic performance.
- Select a sports performance task with the highest potential interest for tweens and brand-name partners.
- Use current NeuroSky research and technology.
- Design, build, and market the device for less than $100,000.
- Ensure device hits the market by the end of Q1 2012.
- Develop brand name, logo, and memorable tagline for the device.
- Drive marketing buzz to get tweens interested, and get at least 10,000 tweens using the device by the end of 2012.
- Strategize potential partners (e.g., sports companies or youth sports organizations) who could benefit from bringing this device to market.
- Develop strategies to build partnerships with online and big box retailers to sell the device.
With mini-moto cycles, kids can now participate in races before they even get their license. What’s currently lacking in the market is a mini-moto model that’s safe, cool, and affordable.
- Design a new mini-moto bike for Zero Motorcycles that will become the choice for ages 9 – 17.
- Vehicle should be safe, cool, and innovative.
- Assess the competitive landscape of similar products to determine how to differentiate the Zero electric vehicle to young riders and their parents, highlighting the most desired features and benefits.
- Vehicle must include a removable, rechargeable battery pack.
- Development costs for market research and prototype construction cannot exceed $50,000.
- Product launch costs should range between an additional $50,000 to $100,000 for demo units, technology and engineering, and marketing materials.
- Marketing tactics should include strategic partnerships to create buzz, excitement, and demand.
- Launch between spring and summer 2012.
- An innovative concept design for a new Zero Motorcycle mini-moto product line of electric motorcycles for ages 9 – 17.
- Product should be fun, safe, affordable, and energy efficient.
- Capture kids’ imagination, get them excited, and generate demand.
- Identify consumer market and geographic locations where product would have greatest viability as well as companies that would be interested in marketing partnerships.
- A business plan including a description for this new product, listing the target consumers, features, advantages and benefits, as well as a competitive analysis and points of differentiation for the product, and specific marketing tactics to drive sales.