Koollage is a next-generation mini-blogging and micro-media aggregation platform for the web and iPhone. Your task is to develop the right marketing mix (The 4 Ps of Product, Price, Place, and Promotion) for a teencentric version of Koollage.
- Analyze the current product offering and brainstorm around the elements of the website, the Koollage pod, and/or messaging.
- Package the product to market it to the target audience (ages 12 – 16).
- Devise the most compelling viral use cases of the product.
- Distinguish the product from competitors’ products.
- Determine methods to generate revenue and select pricing mechanisms. • Consider both new methods and twists on conventional ones (e.g., shared revenue models).
- Think outside the box and keep in mind that pods can integrate PayPal and other e-commerce applications.
- Place and proliferate pods throughout the market.
- Determine plan to get your first million users.
- Time to market should be as short as possible.
- Develop this site in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Demonstrate how this product will resonate with ages 12 – 16.
- Sell to schools and educational organizations.
- Interest other organizations that work with teens and could benefit from a mini-blogging tool.
The mission of Maddie’s Beverage Company is to provide conscientious parents with safer, more sustainable, healthier beverage options for their children. Your task is to create a line extension for Wateroos targeted toward kids ages 7 – 12.
- The new product line must support our current brand positioning: healthy, fun, first (i.e., not another me-too product), earth-friendly, and priced for everyday consumption.
- The new product line must be something that appeals to moms and kids ages 7 – 12.
- The beverages must meet current school beverage guidelines so they can be sold in middle and high schools.
- Choose a packaging type that is already in use.
- Include the Wateroos logo in package design.
- Do not infringe on any known copyrights or trademarks.
- Do not include artificial sweeteners in drink formulation; should contain low amounts of sugar, or none at all.
- Choose an existing co-packing plant in the USA for manufacturing.
- Minimum gross profit margin should be 40%.
- Total budget for complete package design and print setup, raw materials, and first production run (minimum quantity for initial run will be set by the manufacturing plant) should not exceed $125,000.
- Describe this new Waterloos beverage and its features/benefits to tweens.
- Create a marketing plan to sell this new product to both moms and kids 7 – 12, including specific tactics to drive sales.
- Product design must align with current brand positioning, and should especially distinguish itself from other brands.
- Use storyboarding, slides, video, or other approaches to a creative presentation of product strategy, tactics, and schedule in a visual, compelling way.