We are currently looking for energetic and driven individuals who want to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs to join our team as an Entrepreneur Coach for our 2017 Summer Camp season. Information on this exciting position can be found below. Check back later for additional opportunities as a Crowdfunding Coach or Residential Advisor.
Named as one of the “most unique” camps by CNN, Camp BizSmart is an entrepreneur academy held at outstanding locations like Santa Clara University and Stanford University, and gives students real business skills through hands-on learning. Teams, mentored by Silicon Valley CEOs at high growth companies like Linden Lab, Nuheara, Zepp Labs, NeuroSky, Xicato, Revolights, Vintage Electric Bikes, Zero Motorcycles, and Revolution Foods, design a product, build a prototype and write a business plan. “Hot topic” business cases and activities teach students to take an idea from concept design through financial analysis, marketing, sales and execution. Industry experts share their entrepreneur story, wisdom and tips for success. A product design and business pitch competition, held at Microsoft, and judged by Silicon Valley VCs and entrepreneurs highlights the camp. A showcase, awards and graduation event at Microsoft celebrates completion of this amazing experience.
Serve as a business coach, alongside academy founders and Silicon Valley leaders from Google, Cisco and Apple, for a one-of-its kind real-world experience for future “change makers”.
Be the key to students’ success!
- Guide teams on product design / business plan
- Focus on task, schedule and collaboration
- Engage & mentor teams and individuals
- Help ensure that students are having FUN!
- Contribute to daily and weekly wrap-up sessions with Camp Directors
- Excellent listener with great communication skills when dealing with students, parents, staff and guest executives
Is This You?
- MUST love working with and inspiring “tweenpreneurs” age 11-19!
- Previous coaching / mentoring / tutoring experience
- Support Camp Director and other staff
- Is organized and can manage multiple priorities
- Team player with GRIT and energy
- Passion for entrepreneurship
- Business background preferred (or exceptionally fast learner!)
- Proven track record of being responsible, organized, and self-directed
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office programs
- Keen situational awareness and attention to detail
- Get it done, take charge personality
Are You Available?
Coach multiple summer camp sessions at Santa Clara Univ. and/or Stanford Univ. between dates of June 12-Aug 19, 2017, including option for residential stay at some sessions that include additional pay.
Pre Camp Training and Preparation:
- Must attend weekend training early June
- Complete all contracts, hiring packets and background checks
Typical Weekly Hours:
Day Camp Sessions:
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Residential Camp Session:
Begin on Sunday afternoon and ends on Saturday morning of the second week. For residential staff, you will be required to remain in the dorms when students are present. This includes weekends, holidays, and when students are sleeping.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
We are also looking for individuals fluent in Mandarin to serve as Entrepreneurship Coaches for bilingual Chinese programs this summer.
We hire top-caliber individuals, with a passion for helping others change the world. If you fit the bill, please forward your resume today.
Talk to Dr. Mike Gibbs, Ph.D
CEO and Co-Founder of Camp BizSmart
1-800-475-0869 or (408) 395-1937
Camp BizSmart, Inc.
1171 Homestead Road
Santa Clara, California 95054